Ten Sweet Moments
Sometimes it’s good to remember the small things in life that make you intoxicated with joie de vivre. Here are my top ten:
1. The smell of candles on a cake after they’ve been blown out*
2. A cashmere wrap
3. Warm cotton smells, whether in clothes, candles or perfume
4. Staying on the beach till sunset, when everyone went to get ready for a late dinner
5. Apple, blueberry or raspberry pies**
6. The smell of skin that’s been in the sun all day
7. La rentrée or back-to-school in September
8. Cupcakes, tea and a good novel
9. Eating seafood by the sea
10. Natural light, two hours before sunset
When I finished my list I realized that I have a pattern of sun, food and beach. Indeed, they are just some of the things I love most in this world :)
What are some of the things that make you smile?
*preferably a cake with lots of icing :)
** with vanilla ice cream maybe!